Thursday, October 8, 2009

Busiest Thursday of My Life

It's 2:07 pm and I just get back from a non-stop day of classes since an 8am Microbio lab. I come back to my room and my roommate (an girl from France) is crying for who knows what reason (I don't speak french besides bonjour!). I have about 30 minutes to study for an anatomy test before I need to catch the bus to take towards the Center City Campus. So now that the test is over, the bus heads back to University City. It's 5:20 and I have to run to get dance clothes and head over to Mandell Theatre for dance auditions from 5:30 to 10pm. And now I'm here, supposed to type this technical communication paper by 10am tomorrow.

That is-and still is-my day (and will be long night of work). I'm sorry to make you read about somebody else's hectic day, but I wanted to share because I think everyone goes through it. And it might not work for everybody, but it always helps me when I can talk to somebody-not just a friend-but somebody who knows what they're dealing with. I'm not crazy, but I have no shame in saying that I've gone to the Counseling Center in Creese to talk to somebody just to clear my head a few times. Or if you do want to talk to someone whose gone through lots of training, but is our same situation of school, co-op, and social life, there's always the confidential Peer Counseling Helpline at 215-895-1523 every Sunday through Thursday at 8pm-12am.

I can only imagine what stresses commuters & transfer students must go through on a daily basis.

P.S. It's obvious, but just 20 mins of running to the Art Museum (it's scenic and short) or a free class at the DAC does wonders for just relieving stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment