Friday, January 29, 2010

You Never Know

This might be my new inspiration for life. Way back in June 2008 of my Freshman Orientation at Drexel, I was rooming with a stranger, a girl named Raquel from Maryland. I invited her to do somthing, but she had to meet her sister, and we didn't talk. In Fall '08 she was in many of my classes (I'm majoring in PT and she, in PA) and I would say hi and she would just go to the back of the room and ignore me. Let's just say I felt like I tried to be friends but got no response.
I honestly don't know how it happened-but just this year, we started talking. We both joked how we both thought the other one hated us. And in just 3-4 months time, we're kind of inseperatable. I supported her basketball game (where she scored the first 2 points and many 3 pointers) and its upsetting when we're not sitting next to each other in Clinical or 2 hour Anatomy lectures.
So again, You Never Know what's going to happen next. You just have to be open to new opportunities, especially since life is constantly changing. That guy or girl you felt animosity to a couple years ago could actually have alot in common with you if you're open to learning.
Happy Weekend All-
I'm off to a Panini Friday with Raquel for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment