Friday, January 15, 2010

I should stick to my day job

Hello avid followers! 

I had started writing originally about how the beginning of the new term was going, but I realized that I was essentially boring myself. I'm going to attempt to write an impromptu poem instead. I haven't written a poem since my freshmen engineering design project, so hopefully my skillz are still sharp. 

January 4th. 

I missed my first class 
fortunately it was orgo 
a class i once dropped
and now must forego 

On to the next one 
With a teacher named Wrenn 
Followed by my worst nightmare
By a class called PChem 

But by 2:00 
I was home free
until i remembered the bursars office
was waiting for me! 

After stopping by the SORC
Greeting Kara and Jess
I met up with my friend 
to put my hold em' skills to the test 

Like Lady Gaga
my cunning poker face
put the rest of those boys 
back in their place 

Although I only came in second
I got a free game 
and the rest of the losers
bowed their head in shame

I ended the day 
With Inglorious Bastards 
A movie leaving me
in constant fits of laughter 

It was a busy day
For the start of the term 
If I follow this trend
When is there time to learn? 

Lauren 












No comments:

Post a Comment